[Tfug] Open Source solutions

Brian Murphy murphy at coppershadow.com
Wed Aug 22 13:20:15 MST 2007

Rich wrote:
>> Anyway does anyone else out int Tucons have any thoughts? I'm young
>> and naive and I want to be my own boss.
> And what better place to express it than on an publicly archived
> mailing list! Ouch! I hope that doesn't come back to haunt you.

Rich, you're being too hard on the guy.

My advice is to focus on solutions over ideology.  The OSS focus is
great but you're going to give it a black eye if you haven't thoroughly
tested out your product before presenting it to the customer.
Unfortunately (or not depending on which side you're on) fixing
half-assed work from other IT companies is a specialty in itself.

Brian