[Tfug] OpenOffice annoyances

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 20 22:46:50 MST 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:33:42AM +0000, Earl wrote:
> I'm using AbiWord on Etch to work on some of my legacy Word
> documents and it seems to work OK so far.  I just opened it and is
> shows up on my FVWM pager.  I don't know much else about it, how it
> handles revisions, etc.  It seems stable which is an improvement
> over previous versions.  My docs are simple though and not very
> large.

The docs we're working with are pretty simple, so I'll give AbiWord a
shot and see how it flies.  In the past, I've found OOo's
compatibility with MS Word to be superior to other solution's, but
it's been a while since I've tried anything else out.

(This is an example of your general strategy isn't it?  Just keep
trying different apps/distros/etc until you find something that does
the job.  And only if you run out of options should you bother trying to
fix the problem.)

Claude