[Tfug] Where to get cheap ancient serial terminals.

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 16:58:14 MST 2007

--- Quag7 <coldfront at frostwarning.com> wrote:

> In my neverending quest to hook ridiculous things up
> to my system, I am
> looking for very old, homely, clunky, huge, power
> inefficient,
> retrofuturistic-looking serial terminals.
>
> Besides ebay, which is a little dicey (most people
> can't test what they're
> selling), does anyone know a good place to find old
> terminals?  Has anyone
> seen old terminals at Worldcare or maybe at the U of
> A auctions, or anywhere else in town or online?

In the past, I needed a "genuine" VT-100 and managed
to find one at the UofA.  But, I haven't been to an
auction lately so no idea what sort of crap^H^H^H
quality stuff (!) they are peddling...

I saw a Wyse 50 (?) at WC recently -- though I am
sure it just got pitched (you need to specifically
*ask* for these sorts of things in order to have
them "set aside" ... then, you have to follow
through and *buy* it or forever abandon hope of
anyone taking the time to set something aside for
you in the future   :>

> In particular I am looking for the most ridiculous
> looking thing possible, or,
> at very least, some kind of classic.

I've a 9-track w/Pertec on one of my machines  :>
(pretty close to "ridiculous"  :< )