[Tfug] Login managers and fvwm [SOLVED]

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sun Aug 19 17:42:28 MST 2007

Earl wrote:
> It gives me shivers to read ANY install instructions.  I think that is what keeps a lot of people from Linux.

When you think about it, a netinstall of Debian is probably easier than
a disk install of Windows XP Pro or Server 2003.  I've taken some
Windows and Linux classes and installing either one is about the same.

With any distro, it's the preliminary attention to detail that's
important.  Like knowing what hardware is really in your box!

Some of the support stories I've heard over the years are hilarious.

Like the lady who couldn't get anything on her monitor and the support
guy at the other end asked her to check some cables.  "I can't, the
lights are out because we had a power failure".

Once had someone try to tell me telephones didn't run on electricity
because they work during a power failure.  Guess they never saw the big
banks of batteries at a central office.  ;-)

George Cohn