[Tfug] GUI vs command line

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Sun Aug 19 14:49:28 MST 2007

I was backing up my home directory and decided I was in a rush.  Rather than use the command line as usual, I used PCManFM, a very lightweight file manager.  After marking all of the files I moved the mouse cursor to the copy button when it hit the edge of the mouse pad ... and the delete button. PCManFM is fast. I only had time to shout "OH, S"

I copied my home directory from another machine and got back all my configuration files and only lost a few articles I was writing.

OK, Claude, I'm deleting the GUI and going back to Xterm as a file manager.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler