[Tfug] Ubuntu 7-04, firefox

Ljubica Punosevac punosevac72 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:18:45 MST 2007

Recently I tried to play with OpenBox3 window manager (lighter one of two descendants of Blacbox another being Fluxbox)I created a "Desktop" environment  by adding the following features on my X session:1. OpenBox window manager2. Populating the Menu by program called Make Menu with my applications3. Using pypanel as my taskbar 4. Using iconebar from Xfce5.  Using   ROX file manager6. Rox-videothumbnail ROX file manager helper for images (allow you to see the image when you click on it)7. Using   ROX  session manager8.  ROX wallpaper9.  idesk for icons What I got was fully functional eye candy desktop   of spectacular speed and size 500Kb vs KDE~250 Mb or Gnome~200Mb . It was supper responsive! I know that Ubuntu has one branch which is build around OpenBox3 (similarly as Kubuntu is build around KDE or Xubuntu around Xfce) so maybe that is the way to go. I hope that they do not bloat it with nonsense.