[Tfug] Jobs

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri Aug 17 07:09:13 MST 2007

William Stott wrote:
> I got a job too.. I don't want it.

I had a job.  I spent over 32 years working for the same corporation.
In 2003, we were outsourced and things started to go bad from there.

Budget cuts, staff cuts, no spares, limited support from other
divisions.  The typical corporate litany.

I left in October and went back to school full time.  Looks like I might
end up teaching soon.  A whole new career.

I feel sorry for young folks just starting their careers.  There is no
security and you have a constant shifting of managers.  The shareholder
is king and everything is geared toward pleasing that group.

Look at the problems companies are currently having with outsourcing
production to China.  Poison in foodstuffs, toxic chemicals in toys.

George Cohn