[Tfug] Cheap parts online?

Chris Martin themonkeymoo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:28:57 MST 2007

Christopher Robbins wrote:
> Where does everyone go (aside from TFUG and Craigslist...) for cheap parts
> online?  I've been poking around the internet (need a case, some other
> stuff)
> and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.
>
> TIA
>
>   - Chris

I've had excellent results from Newegg.com, Mwave.com, and Geeks.com
(all of which have already been mentioned). IMO, Newegg has the best
search options to help find exactly what you are looking for. I like to
look for stuff on Newegg and then compare prices with other sites.

I've also had mixed results with Tigerdirect.com (also already
mentioned). I find they tend to be overpriced, but if you are looking
for somewhat older hardware it's sometimes the only [major retailer]
site that will carry what I'm looking for. They also carry a lot of
off-the-wall adapters I have had difficulty finding elsewhere (such as
an awesome ethernet crossover adapter that turns any ethernet cable into
a crossover cable; I've used that more times than I can count)

--Chris