[Tfug] A sense of time

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Tue Aug 7 12:28:56 MST 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:[Tfug] A sense of time
From: Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name>
To: Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 08/07/2007 12:15 PM
> <snip>
>
> So, instead of focusing on changing on what is likely not to change;
> that being people. Change that which can be changed. Give devices that
> the qualities of time that reflect an immutable continuum. It is
> possible and there are real ways to make this a standard. Once a
> standard is created, interfaces can be written. One interface might be
> between two machines so that they can agree that they are representing
> the same time before communicating. Another might be to tell a human
> that it is 12:15:15pm. He could then know that he is late for lunch and
> that he needs to quit being philosophical with a technical problem :)

I really should proof-read before I hit send. My deep apologies are
extended to the English language in all of its various dialects...

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and bredth of it.