[Tfug] A sense of time

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Fri Aug 3 23:11:06 MST 2007

I agree with the others who seem to want something more
specific about the application or problem to put this issue
in context. With this intellectualizing, we could end up
pondering the philosophy of time. Whatever.

It kind of sounds like this application is not for a PC.
Other than the relative time idea, if this problem had its
own time standard, you wouldn't need to be concerned if the
user messes around with the RTC.

What kind of standard, though? You wouldn't necessarily want
to require a connection to the INternet to see an NTp
server. Connection to a GPS for time purposes is probably
out of the question too.