[Tfug] Why EVERYTHING is a learning experience :)

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:20:35 MST 2007

Matt, it was about half a glass or so.  Overall I'd say I got real lucky :).

Jude, don't sweat it.  Seriously.

I already know how to check compatibility on cards, that's no problem.
 I'm in no rush to replace it though, really...for anyone not aware,
my 'net connection is a Verizon EVDO PCMCIA card plugged into an
external Kyocera router (yes, it has a PCMCIA slot!) which delivers
Ethernet and WiFi.  So being portable, I have real Ethernet anywhere,
so WiFi is just a minor convenience thing for me.

Ljubica: because I want to be able to support Linux installations for
total newbies, FreeBSD isn't in the cards right now.

Update: the mini-PCI video cards all appear to be ATI Rage XL based
with 8megs RAM.  Still plenty to do web-browsing on, while leaving the
main card (Intel 950/128megs) free to play videos, games, etc.
Appears to be very hard to obtain...

Jim