[Tfug] A sense of time

bpoag at comcast.net bpoag at comcast.net
Fri Aug 3 11:03:10 MST 2007

I read this like 4 times, and I still don't understand what the hell you're talking about, but i'll take a stab at it. :) I'm assuming you're talking in terms of Unix, and you have an uncooperative group of users.

If you have a system that allows your users to modify what time it is, your system is broken.. If you have a system where users can modify timestamps of files, write a wrapper script for the command they use, and log the time of the change against the value the user has tried to provide. If it exceeds a certain amount, toss a notification and tell the user If you can't do either, write a script that keeps the box forcibly synced with an external time source, track any changes that occur, and just roll them back as they pop up.

Cheers,
Bowie

From: Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>