[Tfug] A sense of time

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Thu Aug 2 17:03:51 MST 2007

Bexley Hall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've periodically posted this question (or variations
> thereof) in a number of different forums.  Obviously,
> never quite happy with the answer(s) I've received
> (I suspect it is yet another unsolvable problem  :< )

I probably misunderstood the core problem, but if I were to write a
piece of software where events relative to each other are important,
then I would probably get UTC time off an internet server. Then when an
event is created I would store it as a offset from the current UTC time.
Even if the user changes the clock, you still know when in UTC time that
event should occur.

Andy

--
Andy