[Tfug] Our website: Round three

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Fri Apr 27 10:41:18 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hunter" <>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Tfug] Our website: Round three

>> On 04/26/2007 09:05 PM, johngalt1 wrote:
>>> What will (or have)  you or EriCH contribute(d) toward the
>>> website.... other than critical ideas? (or one could call it
>>> leadership.... or one could also call it telling people what to
>>> do. ) IMHO.
>>
>> Nonsense. Backup your claim and provide quotes where I did that.
>>
>>> What purpose does angst regarding unspecified website problems
>>> serve? What would be helpful is specific helpful
>>> recommendations... Page... by page..
>>
>> Again, care to provide quotes where I did such a thing? All I did
>> was try to take the discussion offline so we could put together
>> some ideas and then come back to the list and present them.
>
> Glen, I wouldn't interpret what John is saying as a personal attack.
> He only asked whether "you or EriCH" had contributed anything, etc. This
> was in response to your previous statement that people should contact
> "myself or Erich" about contributing, etc.  I'm assuming that most of
> what he said was not directed at you.

Precisely. The phrase "contact myself or Erich about contributing" rather
than "Jon and/or Tyler" caught my attention.

When I look at the FUGGING website and compare it to the criticism, the fuss
is unwarranted, IMO.

What is not apparent to people who live in urban jungle places like outside
DC, is the T-shirt, shorts and flip-flop environment here in Tucson.

That's why I am taking a deep breath and relaxing.