[Tfug] Our website: Round three

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Fri Apr 27 00:50:08 MST 2007

On 04/26/2007 09:05 PM, johngalt1 wrote:
> What will (or have)  you or EriCH contribute(d) toward the
> website.... other than critical ideas? (or one could call it
> leadership.... or one could also call it telling people what to
> do. ) IMHO.

Nonsense. Backup your claim and provide quotes where I did that.

> What purpose does angst regarding unspecified website problems
> serve? What would be helpful is specific helpful
> recommendations... Page... by page..

Again, care to provide quotes where I did such a thing? All I did
was try to take the discussion offline so we could put together
some ideas and then come back to the list and present them.

> Nevertheless on tfug.org, I see some simple errors that could
> be corrected in about ten to twenty minutes. It's not worth the
> fuss.

Then either a) You should be glad you don't work on websites for
a living; or b) You should switch jobs.

> I'd say tfug.org as least as good as:
> http://thepfeiffers.net/ruth.shtml and the rest of the
> pages....

Touche! I admit that my site sucks. I am a programmer and I build
web applications, that's my excuse. ;-) The design is horrible,
it has lots of empty pages, and the content it does have is
outdated. In fact, I never even finished it. So I posit that if
www.tfug.org is in the same league as my website, then it needs
serious work.

You don't really want a resume, do you?

> Relax, take a deep breath. Everything's going to be all right.

People are often condescending to compensate for a low self
esteem. Would you say that describes you?

If you are irritated about Erich's approach, fine. But direct
your complaints to him, not me.

--
Glen