[Tfug] Our website

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Tue Apr 24 00:16:32 MST 2007

I guess it would be nice to see some time spent by us tfuggers to make a
pretty site, and fill it with content. Alas I don't see this moving
along soon. Perhaps baby steps?

I'd suggest that building the site out has less to do with graphical
niceties, but more with enabling content. For instance, a Wordpress blog
with Flickr integration would give us a place to shove pictures and
text. A blog aggregator that pulls *nix news into the site would also
give the site fresh content daily. Wordpress would also allow us to set
up and control multiple authors very easily.

But here's the most important part...GASP: We'd actually have to write
stuff for the website ourselves. We'd have to review features, distros,
etc. and give the site some content. Perhaps we could put our meeting
minutes up:

6:42 pm: ZOMG! Free bread? Buddy's grill is awesome!
6:45 pm: X Windows are overrated.
6:50 pm: O RLY?
6:51 pm: Ya RLY!
6:52 pm: Ubuntu Ubuntu Ubuntu!!!
6:53 pm: Debian Debian Debian!!!
6:54 pm: Redhat?
6:55 pm: *shrug* wanders off....

hmmm...nah, we'd probably want to attempt to endear ourselves more by
developing interesting engaging content a la Distro reviews, howtos, and
useful tips and tricks. Alas, I do this already on my work blog, and so
I'm too busy to really add too much info. But perhaps some day when I
figure out why xscreensaver and gnome-power-manager don't play along
well, I can write something blogworthy on the site...and I'd have the
login to do it!

Peace