[Tfug] Our website

Tyler Kilian Vaca at GrazeLand.COM
Tue Apr 24 07:28:13 MST 2007

FTP is inherently secure, like e-mail.  We're discussing this over
e-mail...we've tipped our hand already!  The man is watching!!!  Soon the
man will know your TFUG password.  Then, who knows what the man will do?
Block ident? No, even better, the man will come after your guns!

> Stephen Hooper wrote:

>>>FTP is inherently insecure and SFTP or SCP should be used instead. :-P
>>>

>> Dude.  I know it sounds cool to say "inherently insecure", but that is
>> bullshit: nothing is inherently insecure about FTP.
>
> I think that idea is because the default action of ftp is to send the
> password in clear text, hence the possibility of a "man in the middle"
> sniffer.
>
> I'm not paranoid but I use SSH and VSFTP just to alleviate those fears.
>
> George Cohn

Tyler Kilian
Krispy Kreme - The Edible Linux