[Tfug] How do I get automake to set build number?

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Tue Apr 17 17:05:52 MST 2007

> I don't use KDevelop but I set the Version number string in
> configure.in.
>
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(program_name. 1._some_number)
>
> But I am not sure how KDevelop sets the number.
>
> Ken

I think I tracked that down one time.  I think it's a macro that puts the
version into something like the CXXFLAGS that keep s getting passed down.

One problem with changing a "build" number here, is that editing this file
causes a remake of the make file and all the other stuff.   In my project it
was '0.1',  I didn't try putting in a version string like "1.2.3.4'   I used
to use the 4th place as the build number.
Joe