[Tfug] FTGH: APC Back-UPS Pro 650

Sean Warburton hl2addict at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:43:53 MST 2007

I just so happen to have an APC Back-UPS XS 1000 (1000VA) which broke ("tech
support" told me it had an internal fault, and I need to give them $150 more
dollars.), but I measured the battery, and it read full charge
(14.somethingvolts, and
1.4 amps.) Do you think the battery would be compatible?

On 4/17/07, Terence Rudkin <trudkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/07, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a smallish UPS (650).  Battery is now depleted
> > and I don't feel like investing in a new one ($25)
> > since the UPS is a bit small for my needs.  It works,
> > otherwise.
>

> FYI APC gives $35 for any  UPS  when a new UPS of same size or lager is
> bought, and they pay the shipping.
>
> I'm located NE but can possibly arrange to meet
> > someplace to keep it out of a landfill.
> >
> > Thx,
> > --don

Windows Vista Ultimate beta (build 5600)
Ubuntu 6.10 (dual boot)
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
dual eVGA 7900 GT OCs (full x16 SLI)