[Tfug] [Fwd: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released]

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri Apr 13 19:25:31 MST 2007

Earl wrote:
> Another thought on why I like Debian Etch.
>
> This is one thing I've generally noticed about DEBIAN in my limited
> experience (mostly Etch on Sun architectures in the past 6-8 months) is
> sometimes it takes Debian a while to get things going but when the get
> it working they don't break it again.

I started playing with Debian when Sarge was the testing version.  That
was when I was taking CIS225 from Harry McGregor about two years ago.

I've used it for servers, phone systems, and MythTV.  It's always been
stable and easy to use.

At this moment, I am building another server with Etch to see how it
compares.  So far, I'm impressed.

George Cohn