[Tfug] Encrypting the WHOLE DISK - practical?

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:36:29 MST 2007

I know that Seagate recently came out with a drive that does hardware
FDE, but apart from that, it seems like you'd run into some problems
with a software solution (e.g. resource-intensive, encrypted boot
partition). If you can get your data onto a separate partition,
something like TrueCrypt would probably work well for you.

Matt