[Tfug] CentOS 4.4

Matthew Shucker mshucker at arizona.edu
Sat Apr 7 17:46:17 MST 2007

On 4/7/07, Earl <earljviolet at juno.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to find a distribution that recognizes my NIC for my
> laptop and finally found CentOS 4.4 Live CD.  Has anyone any opinions
> about it, good or bad?
>
> It would not be my first choice but it is all I found that works so far.
>
> Earl

I haven't use CentOS, but I just upgraded my laptop from RHEL 4 to
RHEL 5, and it's a lot better.  I prefer Ubuntu, so I find RedHat
derivatives to be bloated, but RHEL 5 is the best so far.  It's also
better in the "it just works" department, especially with wireless and
battery management.  So, my only useful opinion here is that it might
be worth checking out the CentOS 5 beta or jumping on it when the
final comes out.

Matt