[Tfug] Opera, Firefox, IE, etc.

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:19:18 MST 2007

>Actually because they did! Firefox is the open source version of
>Mozilla (Netscape). They invented the browser way back when, only I
>think it was called Mosaic then.

I may be splitting hairs here, but I don't think they did *tabbed* browsing
first. Although the time frames are close, it seems like opera beat them
to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabbed_browsing#Tabbed_browsing
and I can't say I remember what the interface was like when it was just
MDI implimentation.

>I think it is called "Browser Identification" or something to that effect.
It's funny that you mention this, because I thought they had done away
with it. It turns out now, that as far as I can tell, you can only do it for

specific sites, for the same reason you stated:

"Please note that this option should be used only as a last resort as it
effectively hides any trace of Opera."

according to http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/843/

--
I worry about viruses like I worry about terrorists