[Tfug] The NET

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 30 12:56:40 MST 2006

Okay, regardless of which alphabet agency is watching, be it FBI, CIA,
DIA, NSA,
NRO, TIA, HSA, ad infinitum, I am about to actually load McAfee Internet
Security Suite. Got to keep people's prying eyes out of my computer, huh?

Do you think McAfee will be capturing all my passwords, and sending
them back to
their massive database that they secretly keep in a guarded bombproof enclave
somewhere in Arkansas? They could pick up pointers from Walmart, which does
this very thing. Or perhaps they could make use of the Microsoft's NSA
backdoors in Windows. Do you suppose McAfee protects against those backdoors?

I am not truly all that security conscious, but I just can't help but think
about how our world has evolved into what was once just a distopian
SciFi where
corporate government (the definition of fascism) watches everything,
propogandizes everything, controls everything, in order to maintain the status
quo and their powerbase.