[Tfug] The NET

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 21:40:03 MST 2006

C-I-A

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu wrote: Watching a movie called The NET. Abit outdated, but still provides food for
thought. In the movie, a nefarious group of hackers called the Praetorians
writes software which acts as a trojan horse. They hack systems and cause
problems, and are only kept out by their own software.

Is it possible, can it be that this scenario is possible?

There have been any number of movies and books that theorize the government has
a program for intrusive tracking software. Especially considering the current
administration's predilection for spying on the population at large, is it
possible? Can they do it?, not just Carnivore, or Echelon, but the whole
enchilada. Does the government have a single system that is able alter hack
into and alter data in any and all computerized systems in the U.S., or for
that matter, the world?

Of course no one would ever do any such thing. And seriously doubting the
official truth is tantamount to magic thinking. No governments would never
actually do anything like hack computers. I no this just like I no there are
people who ridicule any, any consideration of such conspiratorial talk. Double
Think is the only way, isn't it?

Danny Cassolaro's Promis was supposed to be able to hack any system. Just as
conjecture, just because I know absolutely nothing about these things, except
of course that no one would ever, never, ever attempt such an initiative, so I
am neophyte enough to wonder if IBM's 5100 emulative capabilities could have
helped Promis fulfill it's.

Not that I believe in any of this, of course.

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Keith Smith
http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html