[Tfug] pirates of silicon valley

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 11:43:36 MST 2006

I'm not interested in creating an O/S.

Just wonder how someone can become the riches guy in the world while someone possibly smarter and more talented might end up a clerk at circle K.

It's my "hippie couch" where we sit and talk about questions like "Why are we here?' or "What is the meaning of life?".

Why did apple fall short with a better product while M$ rocketed with inferior products.  M$ office is the only product I think they got right (in my opinion).

The only thing I can come up with is Bill sold vaporware to IBM who had the clout to take a "toy" to the level of a business machine.

Before IBM the PC was a toy that might get you laughed at if used in corporate America.  After IBM the PC was a status symbol.

I don't know..... just my thoughts.

Keith

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu wrote: The movie is not available on Google Video, but Netflix has it. We'll
be getting
it in about a week to see what the hullaballoo is all about.

Using lessons from B. Gates to make money seems abit, Idunno, uh, not quite
right somehow...

Perhaps a better train of consideration is why has Microsoft done so well in
developing its ubiquity, and conversely, why has Linux not developed ubiquity.

If you want to develop an OS, I would think that these questions should be
always on the mind.

Quoting Tim Ottinger :

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: