[Tfug] FTGH: Sun SPARCclassic

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 16:50:48 MST 2006

Hi,

This is a small "lunchbox" machine that I used for
DNS/BOOTP/LPD/TFTP/NTP/xfs/etc.   (i.e. lightweight
services).  Slow by modern standards but small,
quiet and not a power hog.  It ran 24/7 for a few
*years* without any problems.

It only has a 2G drive in it (don't need much for
those services  :> ) and probably 48 - 64M of RAM
(NetBSD runs well in minimal resources).  I ran it
headless but it has built-in cg3 (or is it cg6?).
Definitely not a graphics powerhouse (hence the
ideal application as a headless server)

Located NE -- Udall park area.

I'll hold onto it for a few days before adding it
to the recycle pile.

Thanks!
--don