[Tfug] SUV [OT] gas

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Thu Sep 21 16:29:23 MST 2006

LOL. I think this reply is hilarious on so many levels.

OTOH, Boo-boo lips are developing all over town and across the country
because of dreaded mean-spiritedness. Sob :-(

;-P

From: "Richie Smit" <rfs_lists at mac.com>
> bigj at flatwan.net wrote:
>> I will take the high road and assume you're making a generalization about
>> children.
> Were you generalizing about the Japanese?

>> However not *any* four-door vehicle can fit me and my family.
> True, but *most* of them will. Try a German car (how does that come out
> in racist land? "sausagers"? "cheesers"?). An Audi or a BMW should do
> you fine. If you could get French cars ("onioners"?) over here, you'd
> have to struggle *not* to fit into a Clio or Megane. Or maybe one of the
> modern "ricers" like the Honda Fit or the Toyota Yaris? Or heck, go for
> the Nissan Verso (which is a Renault Megane with the fat arse trimmed
> up). Kind of an "onion-ricer". Or would a staid British car
> ("fishandchipser"?) suit you better? Maybe a Jag?

WTF?

> See Jon, I *know* for a fact that someone your size will fit into all
> these cars, because I've seen it happen all across Europe.

How tall are you Rich?
Jon's comparison about you *can* fit into clothes-too-small is right on.

I test drove a Yaris. If we tried to cram the expected seating capacity (4)
with the others being short people, my head would still be pressed against
the ceiling tilted at a 30 degree angle from vertical. Add to that I am 120
mm shorter than Jon.

>> Not really up for arguing as only I can decide what is comfortable and
> > fitting for me.
> ...and there's the rub. You'll deny that a sensible car is comfortable
> so long as you get the big bouncy SUV you wanted.

? Yeah. That's expected. So what?

>> See, OS zealots are just not tolerated in these neck of the woods ;)
>> Remember what works for you doesn't always work for other people. In fact
>> most professional employers dislike a zealot mentality. Hey I love Linux
>> and Unix. It has it's place on my network and my employers network. There
>> is also a place for Windows and other crap. It most environments its
>> about
>> getting the job done. Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix all have their place for
>> getting jobs done.
> You mean like hauling an 8' easel across town on the roof bars of my
> Jetta? I didn't need a huge commercial vehicle for that. Same for the
> twice monthly hay-restocking for my rescued bunnies.
>
>> Let me take a hit off my hookah so I can understand these last
>> paragraphs.
>> Nope, still not making the connection :) I'm messing with ya.
> Environmental awareness is no longer even loosely associated with the
> "hippie" movement of forty years ago. Good grief.

Poor Jon. He gets flamed for his choice of vehicle by an
environmentaler-than-thou carbon polluter who owns a Jetta.

What? you have an electric vehicle? You are still burning carbon, mostly.
It's called coal.

That effing Carter. Stopped nuke fuel reprocessing in the US. What a dumb
arse. The Brits reprocess fuel. Somehow they can do it without "nooculo
pwolifowation.".

Even the "white flag" Frogs have LM breeder reactors. 50% of their
electricity comes from clean, safe nuclear power.

The hippies have aged, but their pot-LSD riddled confusion remains.

Unless you use a bicycle or at best use public transport, I say
environmentaler-than-thous are full of BS.

What level of carbon emissions is OK? Their response... What I burn, not
what you burn...... Gimme a break.

> Thanks for getting me off to a bad start on this list.
>
> Rich.

Bad Jon. Baaaaad, baaaad Jon. See what he did!

Dude, the attitude is all yours, I believe.

Welcome.

HA! I Top Posted, Middle Posted AND Bottom posted - all in the same post...