[Tfug] tfug's traffic too much

Richie Smit rfs_lists at mac.com
Thu Sep 21 15:22:49 MST 2006

"What he said." Plus, nobody mentioned using Thunderbird with thread
view switched on. You can choose between:

  1 All threads
  2 Unread
  3 Threads with unread
  4 Watched threads with unread
  5 Ignored threads

I think the difference between 2 and 3 is that 2 doesn't show threads
where you've read part of it. It also inexplicably feels the need to
indent replies to show who replied to what message and what color
underwear they have on today. Okay, one of these is a lie.

Apple Mail does pretty much the same trick with fewer useless features
and more functionality -- specifically, sorting messages "the right way
round" with the most recent at the top works in Apple Mail's threaded view.

But yeah, these thread-sorting thingies are a prime example of why you
shouldn't mess with the subject line.

Rich.