[Tfug] SUV [OT] gas

Richie Smit rfs_lists at mac.com
Thu Sep 21 14:54:52 MST 2006

bigj at flatwan.net wrote:
> I will take the high road and assume you're making a generalization about
> children.
Were you generalizing about the Japanese?

> However not *any* four-door vehicle can fit me and my family.
True, but *most* of them will. Try a German car (how does that come out
in racist land? "sausagers"? "cheesers"?). An Audi or a BMW should do
you fine. If you could get French cars ("onioners"?) over here, you'd
have to struggle *not* to fit into a Clio or Megane. Or maybe one of the
modern "ricers" like the Honda Fit or the Toyota Yaris? Or heck, go for
the Nissan Verso (which is a Renault Megane with the fat arse trimmed
up). Kind of an "onion-ricer". Or would a staid British car
("fishandchipser"?) suit you better? Maybe a Jag?

Or maybe you're better off with a U.S. family car, like the Fusion.
(Um... help me out, is that "corner" or "maizer"?)

See Jon, I *know* for a fact that someone your size will fit into all
these cars, because I've seen it happen all across Europe.

> Not really up for arguing as only I can decide what is comfortable and
 > fitting for me.
...and there's the rub. You'll deny that a sensible car is comfortable
so long as you get the big bouncy SUV you wanted.

> I do however wish I could fit in smaller vehicles. I prefer them over
> their road and gas hogging cousins.
So do your research.

> What gives with the brats thing?
What gives with the "ricers" thing?

> See, OS zealots are just not tolerated in these neck of the woods ;)
> Remember what works for you doesn't always work for other people. In fact
> most professional employers dislike a zealot mentality. Hey I love Linux
> and Unix. It has it's place on my network and my employers network. There
> is also a place for Windows and other crap. It most environments its about
> getting the job done. Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix all have their place for
> getting jobs done.
You mean like hauling an 8' easel across town on the roof bars of my
Jetta? I didn't need a huge commercial vehicle for that. Same for the
twice monthly hay-restocking for my rescued bunnies.

> Let me take a hit off my hookah so I can understand these last paragraphs.
> Nope, still not making the connection :) I'm messing with ya.
Environmental awareness is no longer even loosely associated with the
"hippie" movement of forty years ago. Good grief.

Thanks for getting me off to a bad start on this list.

Rich.