[Tfug] tfug's traffic too much

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:56:12 MST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 04:09:46AM -0700, Brian Masur wrote:

> Any recommendations?  I can't keep up with the group.  I have dozens
> of unread tfug mail from over a week ago.  I have considered
> creating a dedicated email account on my server just for this list,
> but I'm not sure if it will help me.  I've also considered dropping
> the subscription.  I hope this feedback is useful and as always I
> appreciate all of your help.

Just seconding what others have said: find a better mail client.  I
like Mutt for the same reason that I like Emacs and, well, Unix in
general: I can customize the hell out of it.  The combination of
procmail, Mutt, and Emacs is particularly powerful (I use gnuclient to
spawn separate Emacs frames).  The proper tool for the task (procmail
to sort and filter, Mutt to manage, and Emacs to edit) and anytime
that you can transfer skills across domains, you've gained an
advantage.

Claude