[Tfug] Growisofs vs CDrecord-ProDVD

Brian Masur bcmasur at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:44:27 MST 2006

growisofs is just for burning a data dvd, afaik...  You can use mkisofs just
like you did for CDs to create a .iso file up to some 4.4 GB then use
growisofs with a parameter to burn a .iso file directly to DVD or use it to
call mkisofs to create it on the fly.  Not sure what you mean by
commerically-protected.  If you mean a DVD movie then you ought to look into
running something like DVDShrink/DVDDecrypter/DVDFab combo under WINE as I
still have not seen anything like those for *n*x.  If you have, please let
me know so I can stop saying it's one reason to maybe keep windows around.