[Tfug] MS Exchange

James mylists2004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 18:49:14 MST 2006

MS Exchange is much cheaper (for us) compared to other commercial groupware
alternatives out there. I know I will be called on this one and will need to
explain why I don't want to get the system that works natively with Outlook
(calendar sharing etc.)

I wish I had to some alternatives to offer, but I got nothing. Not even
after evaluating Novell GW 7, Lotus Notes, eGroupware, and even (sight) Open
Exchange.

This question is to all of you that manage/d Exchange 2003 mail servers:
What are the pitfalls and disadvantages of Exchange 2003? Is there anything
out there that plays nicley with Outlook clients (calendar sharing etc.)?