[Tfug] Rob Levin died..

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 11:02:41 MST 2006

I know this is a little off topic however I must post.

I have often thought it would be appropriate to tax the SUV a bunch at registration time and take the tax off at the pump.  If your car gets say 40mpg you pay no additional tax.  You pay about $1.00 less a gallon for gas as a reward.

This in turn would cause people to vote with their dollars.  In other wards most would opt for the more fuel efficient vehicle and the auto makers would have to make more models that get better mileage will also providing all the creature comforts.

I bought a domain AlternativeFuelAcademy.com with the goal of promoting electric cars.  If I had the time and money I would like to build a small electric car that I can drive to work and only worked on photoelectric cells and a few batteries.  Te goal would to build it form all over the counter parts.

It seems GM built a number of electric cars that were better in some ways than their gas autos.  I hear they destroyed the electric cars because they were too efficient and they would require substantially less maintenance.

We should be marching on Detroit!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... um... because they have not put Linux in their cars.

Keith

Brian Masur <bcmasur at hotmail.com> wrote:
I can't believe it.  I've chatted with lilo a few times on freenode a long
time ago.  This is terrible news.  Freenode just won't be the same without
lilo...  :'(  I always cringe when I find out about bicycle accidents.  My
uncle died from a very similar circumstance.  I cycle a decent amount
myself, and I'm always worried about being run over.  I seriously doubt a
helmet will help me much in such an incident but it has to be better than
nothing so I never ride without it.  It's just not fair, we're the better
people in these times for not polluting and getting exercise, while some fat
ass is driving an SUV.  I voted yes on issues 1 and 2 on May 16th because
part of the plan is the add many miles of bike lanes, among other reasons.

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Keith Smith
http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html