[Tfug] Automatic Update?

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Sep 18 08:30:28 MST 2006

Hah!  The answer:

I found additional packages that were "updated" according to the Logwatch
file, packages that were not actually updated.  I looked more closely at
the yum.log in /var/log and voila - the yum log doesn't list the year in
the date of the update and Logwatch apparently assumes the current year.
So, things that were updated last year and listed in the yum.log file are
being picked up by Logwatch as having been updated this year.

I guess the fix is to divide the yum.log up into years, unless there's a
way to add the year so that Logwatch sees it.

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |