[Tfug] why not cable?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 22:23:03 MST 2006

Did I understand you are running a server on Cox?

Judy Hayes <judylynn at tomatothyme.com> wrote: Today I called to chat with Cox, I had to switch the cable into my name
since my roommate moved. I increased my internet service and dropped the
premium channels (HBO and Showtime or Starz or something?) since I just
never watch TV. I am always on the internets....

The lady was very helpful, she reminded me that with the internet package I
had, technical service would be free and all inclusive. She also gave me a
free month of Starz to see if I liked it, told me if I didn't to call them
back up and they would remove it before the charges. She also discounted my
first month of internet service since I upgraded. They were great, serious,
I called, had the package moved into my name, dropped the movie channels,
upgraded my internet, got the discounts, got the total for this months bill
and what it will be next month (if I kept starz)... and all of this took
less than ten minutes. Plus I had a question about the speed out here and
they are sending a tech tomorrow to ensure my speed it where it should be.

I have had a month of terrible customer service all over from so many
places, Cox really stood up and made themselves shine... and I am quick to
complain about shitty service. They were cool about the router, my server,
multi computers etc... they reviewed my setup with me to determine that they
were in fact the reason the internet wasn't performing as it should
(ensuring it wasnt my router) so they will send a tech asap (which is
tomorrow like I said). I was impressed, this coming at a time when we are
chatting about service, performance, price etc... I thought it was timely.

Judy Lynn