[Tfug] XF386 Revisited

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat Sep 9 17:55:20 MST 2006

Earl wrote:
> DISCLAIMER: The following is purely informationally and not expected
> to make any sense.

The other morning I was checking my e-mail as a thunderstorm rolled in.

Now my boxes are on a 1500 watt UPS but the monitor is a CRT Viewsonic a
few years old and only plugged into the surge protector side.

Lights flickered a couple of times, UPS beeped and monitor went off.

Couldn't get monitor to come on even by unplugging and plugging it back
in.  Gave up in frustration and went to work.  Checked out LCD monitors
online and almost ordered one.

Came home, thought I would give it one last try, plugged monitor back
in, turned it on and it works fine!

Talked to one of the PC techs at work and he says he fixes them that way
all the time......HUH?   Paging Rod Serling.  ;-)

George Cohn