[Tfug] Thumbnailer not working very well.

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Mon Sep 4 22:59:35 MST 2006

My thumbnailer is not working very well; for example, on the Desktop,
only one jpg and one pdf is previewed.  Somehow I had it fixed and then
it broke again.

I remember there was a time that even the pdf.s were imaged.  Even the
.mov files.            Things have gotten worse over time but are now
really bad.

I've read I could delete a  few hidden directories, ie .gconf, .kde,
etc; but that hasn't worked.  I guess if I go to Gnome, maybe things
will get better, but I like KDE.

I removed and reinstalled totem, totem-xine (totem thumbnailer); some
other packages.

I run kde3.3 on debian2.6.

What is the thumbnailing process, where do I look for problems, solutions?

Thanks,

charles