[Tfug] tfug.org question

Glen Pfeiffer glen_ap at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 13:30:43 MST 2006

--- Christopher Robbins <robbinsc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would a Wiki do the trick? I'd be willing to help get things setup,
> if we start laying out how we want to get things done...

<rant>
I hate wiki's. Maybe I am a bit old school, or maybe everyone else is
smarter than I am, but I can never find what I am looking for on any
wiki or blog that I have been to.

I think this is due to the inherent lack of hierarchical structure. I
believe that most of us understand hierarchies and structured data with
little difficulty. I also believe it is easier to organize for the
administrators and for the users to find relevant information. Wiki's
require an extreme amount of discipline and time to setup/enforce this
type of structure.
</rant>

I am willing to help out with this, even if the chosen tool is a wiki.
I agree with Benjamin that we should consider one of the open source
CMS's. We can even build a custom app. It's not difficult when the app
you are building only supports the features you need, and I have one
that can be used as a starting point.

For those of you who don't know me, which is everyone besides Chris
Hill, I build web apps by day and pretend to be a dad by night. I would
love to volunteer my experience to help out. And one of these days I
will get my lazy butt to the Coffee hour! :-) I have an on-going
commitment on Thursday's for two more months, but when that is done I
will be sure to make it down there.

--
Glen Pfeiffer