[Tfug] Language choices

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 01:32:31 MST 2006

Hi, Chris,

--- Chris Niswander <cn.tfug.account at bitboost.com>
wrote:

> Bexley Hall wrote:
> >reader (the "read it over the telephone"
> criterion).
>
> <me.slaps_forehead()>
> OH!  You're literally providing tech support over
> the telephone! (or you're expecting to)

Thankfully, no. :>

Rather, this criterion works well for non-technical
people when conversing about their code among
themselves and/or dealing with tech support type
functions.  E.g., they may forget that the
period between "me" and "slaps_forehead" is
significant.  Or, that "slapsforehead" and
"slaps_forehead" are two different things.
(especially since they could conceivably *both*
exist within a single namespace!  "Um, Bob,
is that 'slaps_forehead' you are invoking?
Or, 'slapsforehead'?? And, by the way, what
exactly is 'me'?")

--don