[Tfug] Partition Second Drive

DON KIERZEK donkzk at msn.com
Thu Oct 26 14:57:57 MST 2006

My googling tells me the MBR can only directly boot a primary active
partition but can load LILO or GRUB which then boots OS's in other
locations.  It's not the partitioning that deletes info but the formatting
or makefs on Linux.  I think it only eliminates addressing or links and that
is why Partition Magic, Acronis and others are able to "undelete" partitions
and recover information "accidentally" deleted.  I'm sure it can be used to
recover information stolen from the VA or some credit card company.

I've got everything working but I'm getting some messages on startup that my
dcop server isn't running and KDE won't start.  I click OK on the pop-ups
and KDE starts so I don't worry about it.

While googling about this, I came acrosss this website:
http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?.threadid=143973 about a guy
who has over 100 os's installed on one computer with a fairly detailed
description about how he did it.  Guess he has a lot of free time,
interesting though.