[Tfug] trinary data!

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Thu Oct 26 01:19:35 MST 2006

> I'd like to hear some Trinary data ...
>
> http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/trinary
> ------- Included Stuff Follows -------
>     Trinary is an artistic language in David Brin's Uplift series of
> science
>     fiction novels, spoken largely by dolphins or "neo-fins." The
> language is
>     largely regarded to have high poetic potential, and is in fact
> ideal for
>     such things as the construction of any poetry, from haikus to
> dirty
>     limericks.
> --------- Included Stuff Ends ---------

That sounded vaguely familiar.  Just realized I own a copy of
Sundiver which I must have read ten or fifteen years ago.  Now I
will have to finish the series. Thanks for the tip. :-)

PS.  I recently learned that a movie production of Ender's Game is
being planned and will be directed by Wolfgang Peterson.  Yay!

--
Rob