[Tfug] SCSI Source

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 16:10:08 MST 2006

Hi,

--- Jim Secan <jim at nwra.com> wrote:

> What's a good local source for SCSI external disk
> drives (drive+enclosure)?
> This is for a Sun Ultra5 system.  I'd like to "buy
> Tucson" if I can.

I would try to pick up an enclosure from WorldCare,
UofA auctions, etc. (UofA had a pallet of them
up for sale today... I'd have to check to see
what they sold for).

Then, concentrate on the *drive* from "wherever".
(I have no bias towards buying locally or mail
order -- since there rarely is much "support" that
comes with a commodity purchase like that)

For a U5 I assume you want a Wide SCSI enclosure?
But, any preference for what it looks like *inside*?
(i.e. 68 pin, 80 pin SCA, etc.)

*I* am always looking for (used) Sun enclosures
(611, 711, 622, etc.) for my assorted peripherals
(I don't like putting drives *in* machines)

Good luck!
--don