[Tfug] webcam success

Ranjan Grover ranjan.grover at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 11:51:39 MST 2006

Hello

I'd posted a question on webcam support in Linux a couple of days ago.
I bought the Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks Pro webcam and it works
very well. It works fine in Ekiga but doesn't work in Kopete. I think
it is because of some issues in v4l2 device support in Kopete. So at
least its not a driver issue but a application specific issue. Does
anyone know of any SIP video clients for windows, so I can
video-communicate with windows users?

The (debian-specific) installation procedure just requires running
module-assistant with the linux-uvc source and after that it just
works. I was quite pleasantly surprised. I recommend this particular
camera if anyone is looking for one or might be browsing through the
threads at a future date.

Ranjan
--
Ranjan Grover