[Tfug] webcam question

Joshua Bernstein bjosh at engr.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 11 19:15:30 MST 2006

Hi,

	I've had surprisingly good luck using my iSight in Linux actually.
Because its a firewire camera you just have to make sure your
firewire interface is up and running. If you're firewire is working
correctly, you should be able to use it as a generic frame grabber. I
think though the price of the camera is still $149 so its still
pricey. The quality is amazing though, and I didn't mind spending the
money on it because it works perfectly on my Mac. Still with cameras
built into todays Macs maybe you could find one cheaper. Anyway, I've
had good luck with it, but as usual YMMV.

-Josh