[Tfug] Religious crap

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 13:10:00 MST 2006

Your too kind Harry.  I have grown and changed.  For the good I hope.

I have to say I did not know about the exchange jokes but do find them funny.

7 or 8 years ago I know I drove you guys crazy with all my questions.

I recall those days before 2000 when TFUG met at azstarnet.  I admit the group was scary back then.   Maybe it was things like Bowie and his tube top....

For 8 months in 2000 I actually went completely Linux.  Boy was that a crazy time.  I've learned a lot and one thing for sure is I still have a lot to learn.

Linux has come a long way since then.

I can say I received more than I have contributed.  I've meet some cool Linux people and enjoyed the St. Greg Linux Nights.  I saw some extreme Linux at those meetings and was humbled by all you guys.

And welcome back Bowie.  Your posts of late have made me laugh!

I was looking for a change and wanted to become  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/3112670.stm and since that was taken I decided on www.NetCodeMan.com.

Sorry this is off topic.  I wrote it with Yahoo web mail on my xp laptop.  I was thinking about Linux though.

So what about that other post I made today. About Puppy & damn small Linux?

Keith

Harry McGregor <micros at osef.org> wrote: In ways I hate to say it, but I agree with Keith

keith smith wrote:

>I belong to several Linux/Unix lists and several programming lists.  I moved from Tucson several years ago and stayed on the list because it is one of the best. I personally know some of the members here.  The founding fathers if you will.

Even if we don't always speak up,  most of us are still around here,
some of us are just getting a little busy...  I have been active on this
list for ~10 Years.

>These guys will give the shirt off their back to help you with your Linux and Linux  related issues - what ever it takes.

Yep, that is why Linux geeks tend to be a community rather than "customers".

>We have had our spats.

I still remember all of the jokes about Keith, IIRC you originally were
posting from the "christianexchange" domain.  A lot of jokes were going
around about that, "If he's from the Christian Exchange, can we convince
them to Exchange him for another Christian?", but it was all in good
fun, you learned a heck of a lot, and you have given a lot back to the
community.

I think the only person that has ever been banned from the list for any
reason is Bowie, for self explanitory reasons.

>I apologize for making anyone want to move on.

Well... It this type of off topic discussion drives someone off, they
really are not going to get too far (think of an H2 with a gallon of
gas).  Geeks can be odd people, even more so online than in real life,
and you can either deal with them or not.

Thank god my wife can deal with me being a geek .

>Please accept my apology and lets talk Linux.

Ok, lets talk about MythTV .20, any one playing with it right now?

                Harry

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Keith Smith