[Tfug] Religious crap

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 09:13:52 MST 2006

I belong to several Linux/Unix lists and several programming lists.  I moved from Tucson several years ago and stayed on the list because it is one of the best. I personally know some of the members here.  The founding fathers if you will.

These guys will give the shirt off their back to help you with your Linux and Linux  related issues - what ever it takes.

We have had our spats.

I apologize for making anyone want to move on.

Please accept my apology and lets talk Linux.

Keith

Richard Rohrdanz <rrohrdanz at gmail.com> wrote: Gentlemen,

I am not religious but I am more diplomatic than to label religion as crap.

I joined this list because I wanted to learn more about Unix/Linux/etc. The
subscription but I wanted to let the members of this group know why before I
depart. Otherwise the list may continue to shrink without anyone knowing the
reasons why. Perhaps people "...ask to be removed" as a way of giving the
other members feedback.

On 10/6/06, George Cohn  wrote:

> From: Judd Pickell
>
> > I still don't get why people ask to be removed from a list when every
> email
> > provides them the means to remove themselves.
>
> Seems to be a universal trait.  I admin a very busy car oriented list and
> get those all the time even, though we provide a footer that they can click
> on to be removed just as this list provides.
>
> I think people just see those links all the time and mentally block them
> out.
>
> My favorite is when someone replies to an entire digest and adds "remove
> me"! We take care of that by bouncing replies where a whole digest is
> quoted.
>
> Somewhere I have a reply archived that involves hammers, prybars, and
> other assorted means to "remove me". ;-)
>
> On a technical list, you would think folks would be more aware.
>
> George Cohn

Richard Rohrdanz
(520) 743-7013
MSN Messenger: Richard_Ro at passport.com