[Tfug] The NET

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 19:06:01 MST 2006

The Bible did not give the Catholic Church its power. The "Mother
Church" claims that its own edicts are above the authority of the Bible.
Furthermore, freedoms from the Catholic church are largely due to the
fact that people began ignoring the Catholics' prohibition on commoners
even reading the Bible for themselves. The Bible doesn't even support
the Catholic dogmas, and when people began to find that out for
themselves, the Catholic church began to loose much of its power. Only
in recent years have priests allowed parishioners to read the Bible, and
they encourage them to read versions of the Bible that Catholic
theologians have tried to rewrite.
Just had to add my $0.02 :)
Matthew Patenaude