[Tfug] The NET

t takahashi gambarimasu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 00:35:56 MST 2006

On 10/3/06, Bowie J. Poag <bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:
> ... I don't think i'll see it in my lifetime. All it takes
> is a sufficiently pissed off torch-weilding mob to shift it back...

bowie, it is a relief to find out from your post that the usa will remain free for a hundred years or so because it has a constitution, like the ussr did; and because it has mobs, like the third reich did.  and when that day finally arrives (assuming that the definition of a day stays the same, given planetary engineering), the mobs can easily correct the situation with their hand phasers.

obfreeunix: to the original poster: you could say that free software is free in a third sense (1 = as in beer, 2 = as in speech, 3 = as in eternal vigilance) because your tech-savvy friends (whose numbers include anybody in the open source community) can look at it and decide how safe it is.  so don't worry too much about that particular scenario, ok?

--
Webmaster: do you believe that people will (a) switch browsers to view your "best viewed with" page or (b) go to your competitor?