[Tfug] Net etc:

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Tue Oct 3 11:19:39 MST 2006

> Quoting john galt :
>

>> I originally wrote this yesterday and had a second thought about
>> sending it but what the heck..

>>> I am not truly all that security conscious, but I just can't help
>>> but think about how our world has evolved into what was once just a
>>> distopian SciFi
>>>
>> Say what? Hey let me have a hit of that, OK?....
>>
>> Once just a distopian SciFi... What period of time are you referring
>> to? 1991 through 2000?
>>

>>> where
>>> corporate government (the definition of fascism)
>>>
>> Please define fascism... Dude, where do you get your information
>> from.... blogs, movies?
>> (What I'm looking for are references)
>>
>> Is this about that bogus quote attributed to Mussolini? (facism = =
>> corporations) Look it up. - in multiple places - see all the sides.
>>
>> Remember there can be more than two sides to every story.
>>

>>> watches everything,
>>> propogandizes everything,
>>>
>> Do you think that watching (surveillance) and propagandizing is
>> exclusive to corporatism and invasive forms of government?
>>
>> Don't you think the people who sell government technology to do this
>> also sell it to others?
>>

>>> controls everything, in order to maintain the status quo and their
>>> powerbase.
>>>
>> Gee, if you split it up like that, (entities that control everything
>> to maintain status quo and their powerbase...) the set could include
>> schools, government, churches, political parties, businesses of all
>> types, families, insect colonies, gangs, organized crime, AARP, hp
>> news media Fox news Rove Dean It depends on their intent and goals.

this has all been interesting..sort of...

two points

   The "rightist' party that many point at as becoming facist in the US is ALSO the party that consistently refuses to disarm the citizenry. That has been the more liberal party that is percieved by many as being more of the people. (wolves in sheeps clothing?)
   The military is made up mainly of minorities.  If the Govt becoame to opressive it could find it had no enforcers.

That said I'm proud to be registered as Libertarian :-)

Off topic ...maybe...maybe not when the Unix community has its own current struggle between extreme left (Stallman) and practical  (Torvalds)

yep Blatant attept to segue to a more fitting aspect of politics

LMAO

Bryann